Monday, July 23, 2012

Father's Day and Brittany's Bundt Cake

Happy Father's Day!  I know, I know... I'm a month late.  But hey... it's my summer break and I tend to lose track of time.  And our Father's Day was WAY too fun to just skip over.  Soooo, here it goes!


The fun thing about this year was that Dad and Papa came to Houston!!  We did dinner at Uncle Don's, so I got to celebrate my real Dad, Grandad, and Houston Dad!  I was in charge of dessert...fabulous, if I do say so myself. :)  The actual recipe came from a bundt cake Brittany and I made, but I switched the pan and made my oh-so-fabulous frosting to top it off.
 
I found this golfing cake idea on Pinterest... I was obviously REALLY excited about it.

And so were the Dads!

 Here's the close-up...so cute!!
 
Our patriarch... would you believe I can't count how many pictures I have with this expression? :)

And now for the cake recipe...

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 4 eggs
  • 8 oz. sour cream
  • 1 package of chocolate chips
 Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt cake pan.  Mix pudding, cake mix, and sugar in a medium sized bowl.

Add oil and water and mix.

 Add one egg at a time and beat well after each.

Add sour cream and mix until incorporated.

Stir in chocolate chips. (we only added 1/2 of the bag, but you could add up to the entire bag, depending on how chocolate-y you want your cake)

Pour into grease pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, depending on your oven.

Allow cake to cool slightly, then place it on a plate and dust with powdered sugar.  Enjoy!

Our taste testers waiting for their slice... :)

Hope you had a great Father's Day!!  Check back soon for some more delayed summer fun! :)

Love, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment