Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday!  I always loved Valentine's when I was younger, but as I got into junior high, I utterly despised it.  I was never all "boy" crazy like most girls and the whole day was just uncomfortable.  

As I've gotten older and am back in an elementary school, I've remembered why I loved it so much!!  When you're younger, it's not so focus on the one person you love, but just love in general.  It's such a fun day at school!  Combine that with Anthony and all of the sweet things he does for me, and it makes it the perfect day!! 

Here's what I took to school for the kiddos.  I printed labels, cut them out, then stapled the label on top of a snack sized ziploc bag.  SO EASY!!


And my Valentine's Bag!!

I make Anthony's lunch on most day's, but here is what I did yesterday:

Heart PB&J!!! ...is it obvious I teach Kindergarten?

They all had little notes for why they were in there.

Anthony left me little surprises all day!  I only got pictures of a few though. :)


A note tucked inside my computer when I opened it at school!

The notes was with a new Kate Spade wall calendar!!!! (I took this with my phone and it won't let me rotate it...grrr)

When I got home I decided to make these layered cupcakes I found on Pinterest.  They were the EASIEST, most YUMMIEST things I've tasted in a while!!

I preheated the oven to 350 and put 24 cupcake liners in my muffin tins.  Then I mixed a brownie mix according to the directions on the back.

I used a mini ice cream scoop and filled the cupcake liners about 1/3 of the way full.

Then I made a strawberry cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box.

I cleaned my ice cream scoop and filled my tins (on top of the brownie batter) so they were 2/3 of the way full.  I had to spread the strawberry batter out slightly so the brownie wouldn't cook up around the strawberry.

Then I baked them for 20 minutes.

The recipe I found called for an actual frosting, but I was being slightly lazy and didn't have any thawed butter....so I put whip cream on top instead!  It was just from a can, but it was PERFECT.  It gave the brownie cupcake *just* the right amount of sweetness.






How fun do those look?!  Hope you had a great Valentine's Day too!!

Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment