Tuesday, March 13, 2012

30 Before 30


A few weeks ago I was reading through some blogs and stumbled on a post called "30 before 30."  It was a blog I had never read before, but the girl has made a list of 30 things she wanted to do before she was 30.  She (I think) is 27 now, but started the list when she was 25.  Every time she does something on the list she crosses it off and writes about it.  I just LOVED that idea!  

The summer I lived with Uncle Don and Aunt Cheryl, I was in awe of all of the things Aunt Cheryl had done in her life.  I started my own mental list, but after reading that blog, I wanted to write it all down.  Besides, I like being able to check things off when I complete them.  :) Now, this isn't  a full I-want-to-do-all-of-this-in-my-life list, so some things are quite simple.  Fingers crossed I can complete it all!!  Here it goes...

1. Fly an airplane.
2. Take a cooking class.
3. Get a dog.
4. Go to a Texans game.
5. Have a picnic on the beach.
6. Go to Australia (this one *might* be extended to the 40 before 40 list...)
7. Finish painting my house.
8. Camp out in the backyard.
9. Plan, prepare, and host a 4 course dinner party.
10. Build a piece of furniture all by myself.
11. Create a "secret recipe."
12. Learn to properly flip an omelet.
13. Play in a fantasy football league.
14. Go to a Rockets game.
15. Go to a soccer game.
16. Design and landscape a yard.
17. Learn to play tennis.
18. Ride the Ferris Wheel at the Aquarium.
19. Take Anthony to see a musical.
20. Go to the ballet.
21. Learn to grill the perfect steak.
22. Go to Hawaii.
23. Open and manage a brokerage account. (And learn what that is...)
24. Ride a horse on the beach.
25. Build a fireplace.
26. Learn to build a fire.
27. Catch, clean, and cook a fish...even if it's small.
28. Record my own cooking show! (to be aired on my blog...we're not talking big-time TV here, people)
29. Grow my own vegetables.
30. Plan a surprise event for Anthony. 

Whew... Is it bad that I already feel behind?!

Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment