Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Guess Who Came Again!

That's right!  Dad came for dinner again!  He was in Houston doing a presentation thing, and stopped by for dinner last night.  What's so strange, is that I planned to make Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken with the intention of putting on my blog.  I make it ALL the time and Anthony LOVES it.  After Dad came and ate, I checked my friend's blog (Hey Elyse!) and she posted pretty much the exact recipe!!! Weird!  So keep reading for my version, and go check out Elyse's blog to see hers!

So, like I said, I make this all time and really wanted to make it so Dad could try it.  It's similar to fried chicken, but it's baked and healthy!  Woohoo!!!  I got the recipe from my Hungry Girl cookbook (AMAZING!!!) and she actually made it about a week ago on her show on Food Network.  Let's just say, he TOTALLY agreed with Anthony and me. :)

Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken Fingers
(makes 1 serving, so double if needed!)
  • 3 Tablespoons Honey Mustard
  • 2 Tablespoons Egg Substitute
  • 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cut into 4 strips
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1/2 Cup of pretzel sticks, finely crushed
  • 1 Splenda packet
  • Nonstick Spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cut chicken into strips and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Mix egg substitute and honey mustard in a bowl.  Mix crushed pretzels and Splenda in another bowl.

Place chicken strips in liquid egg mixture.  Make sure chicken is fully coated with the mixture.

Transfer chicken to pretzel bowl and coat both sides with pretzels.


Place chicken on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.  Make sure its REALLY covered with the spray, or else your pretzels will stick to the sheet instead of your chicken....kinda like what happened to some of mine yesterday. :)

Place in oven for 20 minutes, flipping strips half way through cooking.

And the completed product!!  Yummy!!

This is slightly out of order, but here is a look at the rest of our night!!  



 
Besides dinner, you know that a Dad and Anthony combination can be quite interesting.  Here's what was at my place when I got to the table.... :)

Go eat some pretzel chicken tenders and Happy Half-Way-Through-November Day!  (I'm a little of a Christmas/December fanatic!)

Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment