Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hubby's Birthday!!!!

Along with Thanksgiving last week, Anthony turned 26!!!!  Because we were in Chicago, and I wasn't there the whole day, we celebrated the Saturday before we left.  I LOVE birthdays, so I tried to make the day as special as possible.
He loves biscuits and gravy, so I made homemade gravy (not biscuits...) and brought him breakfast in bed!  He wasn't allowed to eat them in bed though... yucky crumbs.

Being a Saturday, football was obviously on the schedule...
So the football platter was loaded with his favorites!
When dinner came around, we went to Taste of Texas.
They brought us a complimentary dessert, complete with a sparklery candle thing and a picture!! How cute!

We were too full to eat our dessert so we packed it up and headed home for....
PRESENTS!!!

And no birthday is complete without dessert, so in comes...
 Chocolate Pie!! (AKA French Silk pie, but it's 'Chocolate Pie' to Anthony...I guess it doesn't really make a difference as long as he likes it!)

With a candle!!
This was obviously posed...

Anthony talked about his mom's chocolate pie recipe the entire time we dated.  I even made it once, but I lost the recipe so I searched the internet to make his birthday version.  The one I found was SUPER easy and didn't take much time at all.

Easy French Silk Pie
  • 1 8 inch refrigerated pie crust (you could use premade if you wanted)
  • 1/2 cup of butter (1 sticks)
  • 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
  • 2 (1 ounce) squares of unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
  • 2 eggs
Cook pie shell in a pie dish according to the package directions.


Cream butter until light and fluffy.  Gradually beat in sugar until well blended.

Add in the chocolate and vanilla.  Beat until smooth.
 
Here's where I put the whippy-attachment thingy on my mixer to help make the filling super airy. :) Don't know if it really helped, but I felt like it did!

 Beat in the eggs and continue beating on medium speed for 10 minutes...this is where the stand mixer really comes in handy!

Pour filling into cooled pie shell and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

Isn't it so pretty!  You can even top it with Cool-Whip or whip cream, but I forgot that at the grocery store. :)  Happy Birthday Anthony!

Love, Sara :)

3 comments:

  1. Sara, your blog is amazing!!! I made your quiche recipe, with some modifications and it truned out great (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think reading your blog is my new addiction, I love all the recipes you post and its alot of fun making them!

    -Tanvi

    ReplyDelete