Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksmas

For Thanksgiving every year Anthony's family celebrates something called "Thanksmas."  His Grandmother started it (I found out last week) about 20 years ago, and it's basically a combination of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Thanksgiving is celebrated on the typical Thursday, and more of the Christmas side is celebrated on Friday.  This year Thanksmas was held in Chicago, so Anthony and I flew up there to meet everyone.  I was in a wedding the weekend after Thanksgiving (Congrats Cat and Clay!!!) so I was only there for part of Friday, but here is a small...and I mean really small... glimpse of Thanksmas!

Aunt Bev grew this in her backyard!!

 Gobble, Gobble, Happy Thanksgiving!


Toting everything in for Thanksmas!

 More stuff...

 Anthony shared a birthday with Thanksmas.  Cinnamon rolls in the shape of a 26!  We opted for cinnamon rolls instead of a cake because, let's face it, I was leaving at before lunch and who would really eat a cake at 8 in the morning?


Off to the airport!

Check back soon...tomorrow is December (aka my FAVORITE month) so you don't want to miss Christmas decorations!  Happy almost December!!!  Eeek!!

Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment