Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sweet Tooth Anyone?

I have a confession... I have a sweet tooth.  Well, that's actually an understatement.  It's more like the tooth fairy gathered the magic from every child's sweet tooth, and deposited the magical sweet-loving power in my mouth.  I seriously would be completely happy living on ice cream, frosting, and cupcakes for the rest of my life.  I even put Splenda in wine...crazy, I know.  

That being said, I found my absolute FAVORITE new cookie bar recipe!  I have made it at least three times in the past two weeks alone.  They are Salted Caramel Butter Bars, and they taste even better than they sound. 

Yummy looking, right?!  I found them on a blog, but the recipe actually came from the cookbook Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey.  ...a cookbook that is currently on my shelf I might add. :)  Now my picture doesn't really do them justice, (I don't claim to be a photographer) but you seriously HAVE to try this recipe!
  
Here is what they look like in the pan:

 

Mmmm...look at all that caramel!  And the crust is almost like a shortbread cookie.  They are super duper easy, only take about 20 minutes of prep time, are absolutely delicious and are awesome with a scoop of ice cream!  They are super rich, so unless you are a sweet-a-holic like me, you might want to take a small piece. :)  That's it for now, and happy baking!


Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment