Friday, September 16, 2011

Football Season

I always have known how much Anthony loves watching football in the fall, but since we never lived by each other, I never realized how much he REALLY loves watching football.  The past two weekends we have had football on most every second we have been home.  Now, I like watching certain games or teams, but I can't watch a game where I don't know anything about either team, or any of the players.  So while Anthony is sitting and watching games, I decided it was a perfect opportunity to try some "football" recipes. 

Now, when I think "football food," my mind immediately goes to pizza.  I already have a pizza recipe I like, so I decided to try pizza in a little less traditional way.  What I found was this great recipe for pizza cups!

Pepperoni Bacon Pizza Cups:

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup pepperoni cut into quarters
1/2 cup pizza sauce

Preheat oven to 375o.  Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.  In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder, whisk in the milk and egg.  Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni, let mixture stand for 10 minutes.

Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups.  Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Microwave the pizza sauce until warm.  Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

I completely forgot to take pictures as I was going, but here is my completed meal! 

Yummy and delicious!  Too bad it didn't help the Cowboys win that night... 

Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment