Monday, September 19, 2011

Fun Shoes, Funfetti, Fun Day!

It FINALLY rained!  Yay!  I have seen maybe a drop of rain since I moved here in June...yikes!  I was so excited I had an excuse to wear my new rain boots!!!

Cute, right?!  My original plan was to wear them on my way to school and during car pool and change into my sandals when I got in the school.  The building was so super cold and my toes were frozen, so I gladly wore them all day.  Nevermind that the rain stopped around 9:00. :) They were just too much fun to take off!

Speaking of fun... (nice segue, right?!) I found this AWESOME new recipe for Funfetti bars!! I found the original recipe via Pinterest on the blog Lovin' In The Oven, but the recipe only made a batch of 9x9 bars.  For some reason, I REALLY like making things using a 9x13 pan... 4 extra inches of dessert?  Yes please!  I easily solved my problem and adapted the recipe to fit my 9x13 pan.  

Funfetti Cake Batter Bars:
1 cup butter, melted then cooled
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups funfetti cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons of sprinkles (not necessary, but makes them more colorful!)
 
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Mix butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs on low until smooth.

2. Add Funfetti mix, All-Purpose Flour, and sprinkles.  Mix on low until dough comes together.  (If you don't have all the sprinkles the recipe calls for, you can just use what you have)


3. Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. 

4. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.

5.  Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Ta-da!  How yummy and fun does that look for a rainy day!  They taste a lot like the Texas Gold Bars my mom makes around Christmas, but the Funfetti make these more fun (obviously!).  Enjoy the bars and keep praying for rain!!

P.S. I know you were absolutely beside yourself worrying about how the little paper signs on my new Fall Wreath held up in the rain.  I am extremely happy to report that all of the letters are still intact and none of the ink has run...yet.  Yay!!!

Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment