Monday, October 10, 2011

Aunt Cheryl: Baker Extraordinaire

For my weekend with Aunt Cheryl, I was trying to think of a couple of things that we could do together that she would enjoy.  Despite her amazing kitchen, I can't remember one meal or dessert Aunt Cheryl ever made.  Because I love baking so much, I thought it might be fun to bake something together.  I scoured through my cookbook from my new school (Awesome by the way!) and found a basic "dump" cake recipe.  I gathered our ingredients, distracted Aunt Cheryl from her movie, and got started.  

 We gathered our ingredients first, 1 box of cake mix, 1 can of cherry pie filling, 1 can of pineapple chunks, 1 stick of butter, and 1 cup of chopped pecans.  I sprayed a 9x13 glass pan and set the oven to 350.

 First, Aunt Cheryl poured in the cherry pie filling.


Then, she poured the pineapples over the pie filling.

 Next, we poured the cake mix over the pineapples and cherries.


 
And sprinkled pecans over the top.


 ...Took a break to pose for some pictures... :)

 Cut butter into pats and placed them on top of the cake and placed in the oven for and hour.

 And here is our finished product!  So easy, and we both had so much fun!

While the cake was baking, here's a peek at how Aunt Cheryl and Anthony passed the time...



I hear from a little birdie that he is becoming her favorite...I think I'm going to have to do something about this!! :)

Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment