Monday, October 3, 2011

House Sit? Do You Even Have to Ask?

This past weekend my uncle went out of town and asked that Anthony and I stayed at his house with my aunt.  I was more than happy to help out, first of all, because I love spending time with my sweet aunt, and secondly, they have an AMAZING kitchen.  Here is me with my aunt and uncle at our rehearsal dinner. And Anthony in the background. :)

Knowing that A&M was playing Arkansas on the following day, the first thing I did on Friday afternoon was teach Aunt Cheryl how to "whoop." ...Too bad her cheering didn't help out much on Saturday.
 Pretty good form right?!

The second thing I did was start getting dinner together.  Here's the kitchen I normally use:


And here's Uncle Don and Aunt Cheryl's kitchen:



 Beautiful.  Doesn't there just seem to be some heavenly glow in there?  ...maybe one day I'll have one like this, but I'm fine with borrowing for now. :)

Another thing I was excited about was Uncle Don't knife collection.  Now, I never really cared much about knives until I lived with Uncle Don and Aunt Cheryl last summer and I got COMPLETELY spoiled.  They have a knife (or kitchen tool in general) for EVERYTHING.  No joke. When Anthony and I registered, knives were one of the things I was most excited about getting.  Here is our collection so far:
Not too bad, but it in no way compares to Uncle Don's:
Awesome.  Make sure you don't miss the knives piled up on the sides and the steak knives in the little box on the bottom right...he ran out of room in the storage blocks. :)

In honor of my uncle and his completely amazing kitchen, I made his famous chicken.  It's so good, I even requested it for my birthday last year.  Big, I know. 

First, preheat the oven to 350.  Lay a cooling rack on top of a baking pan.  Place 4 raw chicken leg quarters (skin on) on the cooling rack.  Drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, and any other fun chicken seasonings that strike your fancy.  I think I just used some chicken seasoning or something...

Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until skin is crispy and chicken is cooked through.



Yum-my.  It's crispy and juicy all in one.  Now I'm left drooling over chicken and that kitchen...

Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment