Monday, October 17, 2011

Wedding Watching Party

We finally got our wedding video back!!!! Yay!! Instead of just watching, I decided we needed to make it super fun and special.  I busted out our china, crystal, and silver for the first time.  It was a huge task, being that all of it was stored under our bed.  It wasn't just under our bed though, it was WAAAY under our bed.  I had to move the nightstand, squeeze myself under the bed, and then wriggle myself backward....it probably took about 30 minutes just to get it all out.  Definitely worth it though.  

I also decided to make my spinach stuffed chicken.  I made it for Anthony once we he came to visit me in College Station, and he always told me it was his favorite.  ...Little does he know how healthy and low in calories it is!

Spinach Stuffed Chicken: (Makes 2 servings with a side of creamed spinach)
  • 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 package frozen creamed spinach (I use Green Giant)
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Toothpicks

Heat oven to 350. Pound chicken breasts until about 1/2 inch thick.  Salt and pepper both sides.

Cut frozen creamed spinach into 1/4 squares.  Wrap frozen spinach in chicken and secure with toothpicks.

Mist a nonstick pan with olive oil and place chicken seam side down in the pan for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken turns white.  This helps seal the seam so the spinach doesn't completely run out. :)

Flip chicken and sear other side for 2-3 minutes.

Transfer chicken to a baking dish and place in oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.  (You can see the leftover spinach in the background that I heated up for a side!)

Doesn't that look yummy?!

Here is our set up for watching the video!  And, yes, we at off our china sitting at the coffee table on the floor... :)

Beautiful on the fancy china!!

And our pretty crystal!  No worries, I still added Splenda. :)

Our dinner was DELICIOUS, and the video was soooo fun to watch.  It had the rehearsal dinner speeches too, and I'll admit, my brother and my dad's speeches made me tear up all over again.  Our china is now all back under our bed safe and sound until the next big event.  I can't wait til we have a place to set them out!

Love, Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment